Social Media Manager, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU)
- United States
- Boston, Massachusetts or Remote, United States
- Position Title: Social Media Manager, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
- Reports to: Communications Lead, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
- Functionally Reports to: Director of Digital Engagement and Revenue
- Status: Temporary Assignment (ends May 2021)
- Location: Remote (Boston area preferred)
The Social Media Manager, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU) in partnership with the Comms Lead, is responsible for the planning, execution, and analysis of organic social media activity specific to all domestic work of PHAU. The Manager is responsible for increasing awareness of PIH’s domestic work including dispelling misinformation and providing vital information about the program to residents and state agencies. .As an integral member of the Marketing and Communications team, this role must be able to juggle multiple assignments and collaborate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment.
Can hire remote for this position; Boston preferred.
- Build PIH’s social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence via a regular/timely publishing schedule, strong/engaging content, and optimization.
- Lead day-to-day organic social media development and implementation in support of increasing awareness
- With the lead and the director, establish a strategy and voice for each social media platform based on the branding and messaging matrix.
- Direct content producers on social direction, content and assets needs (photos, videos, gifs, graphics, etc.), and production of deliverables. Monitor PIH’s brand on social media. Engage with the online community and respond to comments.
- Measure and report on relevant KPIs across platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing social and digital campaigns and communications.
- A strong writing background including experience writing copy for a variety of digital platforms, under tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of social media and digital analytics (native platforms, google analytics)
- Excellent collaborator, engaging in cross-department planning and strategy sessions, with exposure to all staff and levels of the organization.
- Interest and knowledge of new and emerging social and digital industry trends.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Tweetdeck, etc)
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries.
- Interest in social justice is strongly desirable.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
To apply for this job please visit www.pih.org.